Update 13 May 2020
We would just like to take this opportunity to reiterate that the whole Baxter Team is guided by the desire to create a safe and positive work environment for our tenants. If you have additional ideas and measures you would like to see, please always feel free to share these thoughts with the team and we will happily look into them.
Let’s strengthen our community together as we cooperate to take care of one another, and help us all to return to the office in a safe a positive manner.
1. How COVID-19 spreads, taken from World Health Organization, 3 March 2020
When someone who has COVID-19 coughs or exhales they release droplets of infected fluid. Most of these droplets fall on nearby surfaces and objects – such as desks, tables or telephones. People couch catch COVID-19 by touching contaminated surfaces or objects – and then touching their eyes, nose or mouth. If they are standing within one meter of a person with COVID -19 they can catch it by breathing in droplets coughed out or exhaled by them. In other words, COVID-19 spreads in a similar way to flu. Most persons infected with COVID-19 experience mild symptoms and recover. However, some go on to experience more serious illness and may require hospital care. Risk of serious illness rises with age: people over 40 seem to be more vulnerable than those under 40. People with weakened immune systems and people with conditions such as diabetes, heart and lung disease are also more vulnerable to serious illness.
2. Please stay at home even if you only display mild symptoms
- We have displayed posters communicating the message that people need to stay at home even if they have just mild a mild cough or low grade fever (37.3 C or more)
- Everyone should stay home (or work from home) if they have had to take simple medication, such as paracetamol, ibuprofen or aspirin, which may mask symptoms of infection.
3. The measures taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in Baxter Building
a. Making sure your workplace and common areas are clean and hygienic with surfaces being wiped with disinfectant regularly
The cleaning schedule at Baxter Building will be increased with an eye for preventing the spread of COVID-19 to include:
- Public Spaces
All door handles, kitchenettes & public areas, including the railings of the stairs & lift buttons will be disinfected multiple times during the day (by Baxter staff, and cleaning staff). After use, please spray and wipe any tables in the public areas using one of the disinfectant spray bottles provided. Furthermore there will be a 10min turnaround time between meetings to allow the Baxter staff to wipe down the tables, spider phones, remote controls etc.
- Cleaning of personal work stations
In addition to the usual once per week individual office cleaning, we have made door tags you can hang on the outside of your office door if you would like the keyboard, phone and workplace to be cleaned on additional days. For the first month, Baxter Building will monitor the additional cleaning hours at no additional expense. You can also purchase Dettol wipes downstairs at the reception to keep on top of in-office cleaning.
- Shower rooms
Because only 1 person uses the bathroom at a time, this facility will remain open. We would like to ask you to please make use of your own towel. Baxter Building towels will no longer be present. There is a paper towel dispenser instead of the normal hand towels. We would like to ask you to leave the bathroom neatly for the next person who wants to use it.
b. Promote regular and thorough hand-washing by tenants, contractors and guests
- We have placed sanitizing hand rub dispensers in prominent places around the public areas, specifically before any door handle needs to be touched. Please make use of this.
- Marie Stella soap in all bathrooms has been replaced with disinfectant hand wash
- We have displayed posters promoting thorough hand-washing
c. Promote good respiratory hygiene in the workplace
- We have displayed posters promoting respiratory hygiene to ensure everyone in the building is well informed
- Paper tissues have been placed in all public areas, for those who develop a runny nose or cough at work, along with bins for hygienically disposing of them
- Baxter Building strongly encourages anyone with flu-like symptoms to please work from home.
d. Maintaining 1.5m distancing at all times
- Throughout the building, a one-way system has been created where possible. Please follow the signs, and respect fellow office workers.
e. Food and Beverage service to minimize the spread of Covid-19
- The Baxter Bar:
The Baxter Bar will only be accessible to the Baxter staff. Should you like to refill your water bottle or make a coffee/tea, please ask one of the Baxter staff members and they will happily assist you.
Please note there are no longer snacks available at the Baxter Bar, but instead there is an honesty book in each kitchenette (ground, first and second floor) which will be well stocked with snacks and drinks. The 3rd and 4th floor offices to please feel free to make use of the most convenient kitchenette available to them.
- Servicing of Boardrooms:
The Baxter staff will continue to service boardrooms from a 1.5m distance. A drinks order will be taken at the start of every meeting, and will be placed on a tray in the meeting room where you can help yourself to your drink. When you are finished, please can you kindly put the empty cups back on the tray and leave it to one side for collection during your meeting.
Boardroom catering is still possible. Please communicate any requests to reception and they will take care of the ordering. The service will be simple, to adhere to the 1.5m distancing, and all food will be served covered.
The Baxter staff will wear protective gloves whenever they are preparing/serving F&B.
- The Baxter In-House Lunch:
Please note, it will no longer be the possibility to ‘join’ lunch on the day. The new offering will be prepared as an individually packaged lunch consisting of a sandwich, salad/soup, piece of fresh fruit and a drink. Before this service can resume, we will need a minimum of 10 lunches ordered per day.
Lunch numbers can be passed onto reception as per before, however we have increased the flexibility with the possibility of adding lunches up to the day before, if needed. As usual the lunch will be served at 12:00. If the need arises, we may need to implement ‘lunch shifts’ per floor / company.
In order to maintain a 1.5m distance, please make yourselves comfortable to enjoy your lunch between the ground floor lunch area, 1st floor lounge as well as the outside courtyard. Weather permitting, you could even take a walk and have your lunch in the nearby park.
4. Hosting meetings & events
Before the meeting or event:
- We advise all our tenants to consult the national advice before planning to host any face-to-face meeting or event at Baxter Building.
- Boardrooms at Baxter:
Below is the new capacity per boardrooms whilst the 1.5m distancing is in force:
- Loma Linda (Big boardroom ground floor): 5 persons around the table, additional 2 persons in the room. Video conferencing, screen & clickshare are available in this room.
- Okinawa (Small boardroom ground floor): 4 persons around the table. Screen & clickshare are available in this room.
- Nicoya (Under the stairs): 4 persons around the table
- Icaria (Big boardroom 1st floor): 5 persons around the table, additional person in the room.
- Sardinia (Lampjes, 1st floor): 4 persons around the table, additional 4 person in the room.
Currently there is 1 more screen with clickshare technology available on wheels, and in the near future an additional video conferencing setup which will be available on wheels too.
Should you find your meeting room needs not being accommodated, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know your wishes/problems. We will do our best to think creatively as to how we can best change the boardroom setups to accommodate your needs.
- Drinks at the Baxter Bar:
It is still possible to arrange a company drink (with a distance of 1.5 meters) at the Baxter Building. The numbers allowed for a gathering will be in line with the Dutch government guidelines.
To arrange any drinks from the Baxter bar to be taken up to your office, please pass on your requests via email@example.com and they will prepare this in a crate for you to take away. Anything that is not consumed can be returned and will be settled.
Similarly, should you wish to host a drink at the bar, please let reception know your wishes, and together we will see how best to arrange it in a safe and responsible manner.
5. Baxter Building’s Protocol should COVID-19 start to spread in your community
- If someone from your company should be in Baxter Building with health concerns, please notify reception so that they can provide you with a suitable isolation area, and provide you with a mask to limit any further infection until the person is able to go home.
- If there is a report of a person with COVID-19 in Baxter Building / or has recently been active in Baxter Building, we will close the property for 2 days. In these two days, everything can be thoroughly cleaned to prevent further spread. This also gives people the choice of staying home or going back to the office after these two days. All tenants will be informed about this by email.